***Postponed to a later date, to be determined***
This course will offer artists the opportunity to learn about advanced Woodcut Printmaking. Artists will use Baltic Birch plywood and Bass Wood to colour print on a press and by hand. Woodcut techniques will include image to block, various carving methods with hand tools and power tools. Various fine papers will be used to print single block, multi blocks, and reduction prints. Critiques and exhibition opportunities will be presented as a professional series of woodcut prints will be developed.
Material supplied by instructor with the financial support of Culture Outaouais and Emploi Québec
Ink -Caligo Relief ink
Materials List- for Participants
Carving tools – Lee Valley Japanese carvers set.
Rubber gloves, paper towel roll, wax paper roll.
- 5 to 7 sheets (22×30”) 250grm apprx- Suggested brands -BFK Rieves, Stonehenge, Legion-Revere.
- 3x Masa Paper or other thin rice paper
- Thin coloured and found papers for chine collé
- Pencils, marker
- Sketchbook – 11”x14” 90LB proofing paper (the kind you can tear the paper out)
- There will be brayers and carving tools available for use
Registration fee: Members $300.00, non members $350.00
By mail : Complete the application and mail
or by PayPal: