Title: Art gallery and School of Art’s Assistant
Condition of Employment: 18$/hour, limited-term contract
Employer: artPontiac – Pontiac Artists’ Association
The Pontiac Artists’ Association (PAA) is a registered not-for-profit association established in 2004 whose goal is to promote arts and culture and to contribute to the cultural life of the Pontiac region through direct action. Events the Association supports and promotes include the Pontiac Artists’ Studio Tour, the Pontiac School of the Arts, Artists’ Residency Project as well as both exhibitions and activities at The Stone School Gallery.
- General maintenance of the gallery;
- Receiving the public when the gallery is open;
- Supervising the student on duty;
- Assist with exhibition installations;
- Assist in the preparation and management of the Residency activity;
- Assist in the coordination of the various committees, programming and activities of the association, including courses;
- Compile the survey;
- Research and write grant application;
- Update the list of sponsors and search for other sponsors;
- Search for galleries for travelling exhibitions;
- Search for partners;
- Assist in the promotion of activities (art engine; Facebook, Website etc.);
- Organize the archives;
- Make or finalize the schedule for the supervision of the gallery;
- Other tasks requested by the Board of Directors.
- Ability to communicate in written/spoken English and French;
- Knowledge of computers and the Internet;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and general office work;
- Ability to work independently;
- Be a resourceful, responsible, dynamic, committed and professional person;
- Sense of ethics, good communications, team player;
- Ability to maintain good contacts with people in the community, members of the association and the Board of Directors;
- Capacity for creativity, innovation and coordination;
- Secretarial skills;
- Knowledge of the environment and the region.
- Knowledge of both official languages (spoken and written, especially English);
- Interest in arts and culture;
- University or college education in the following fields: administration; arts; literature.
- Driver’s license and access to a car to move around the territory;
- Work on a flexible schedule (total: 35 hours per week), as needed;
- Must have a computer.
To apply, please send your resume and a motivation letter to email@example.com and write EMPLOYMENT as the subject of your email.
DEADLINE to apply: 7 May