- In order to participate in any exhibition each artist must be a paid up member of the PAA.
- Please respect all deadlines for submission of artwork and information.
- The committee will inform you of drop off and pick up dates and deadlines.
- All exhibitors are required to sign a waiver and release form prior to the exhibition
- All work must be professionally presented. Works must be ready to hang. Works on canvas do not need to be framed, but if framed must be of a professional standard.
- New works not previously displayed in the gallery will be given priority for each show and as many pieces as possible from each participant will be displayed.
- Reproductions (except greeting cards) will not be accepted for exhibition.
- All artists are required to provide a complete list of work (title, medium, artist name and price) for inventory and payment purposes.
- Participants should provide an Artists Bio.
- Gallery exhibitions may consist of group exhibitions, solo or duo exhibitions and will be open to all artist members of the association.
- All exhibitions are selected by the artPontiac’s Gallery Committee.
- The gallery committee will be responsible for set up and display of all artwork. They will have discretion over which pieces to display depending on available space and presentation. If you have special display needs please provide all materials necessary and inform the committee of details.
- The gallery is open Thursday to Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm, with opening vernissages held on Friday evenings. All exhibitors will be required to supervise the gallery for 1 or 2 days during their exhibition or during another part of the exhibition schedule. For artists who live more than 100 km away, the gallery will try to help you find a substitute supervisor.
- Participants must email a list (or provide a printed list) of their works to the committee. Include title, medium, artists’ name and price. This information including the artist’s name should be noted on the back of each piece to avoid confusion.
- It is understood that once the exhibition is set-up, no one is permitted to change the display without committee approval.
- An opening group show vernissage will be organized for which each participant is required to bring a finger food contribution. Wine and punch will be supplied by the PAA.
- All sales will be collected by the PAA. At the end of the exhibition payment will be issued to the artist for all art sold during the exhibition.
- The committee will prepare publicity, promotion and invitations for the exhibitions. This material will be in English & French and will include logos where appropriate. Shows will be listed in our printed brochure/calendar and on our web site. – If requested please supply photographs/digital images of your work for marketing purposes.
Individual artist exhibitions for solo or small groups, as well as possible invited professional artist exhibitions may follow the above guidelines with some slight modifications to the above guidelines.