with Janis Goad
Learn to make a basket from pine needles with a fitted lid.
Using pine needles, artificial sinew, and a needle, students will learn to make a small basket with a fitted lid. Techniques include:
• harvesting, preparing, and storing pine needles
• starting the basket and spacing stitches for even spokes
• increasing the coil
• controlling the shape of the basket
• adding new sinew
• making the lid
• adding the flange to the lid
• decorating with beads, feathers, fascicles, stitch designs, and found materials
$10 to instructor for materials (sinew, needles, beads).
Duration of the course: 1 day, 9 am – 4 pm.
Student Level: beginner
Maximum Number of participants: 20
Language: English and French
Instructor: Janis Goad